Friday, July 31, 2009

First Quarter Recap

Today marks three full months of my fitness journey. I've come a long way since that first workout in May. I've lost 20 pounds and swum as many miles.

Three months from now I plan to be a middleweight (between 171 and 185 pounds). I will have been a part of a team that successfully finished the Lake Travis Relay (hopefully before the sun goes down).

It's easy to tell you what area of my routine has been the weakest. In the last three months, I have gone to the gym and worked out only once on a weekend. Moving forward I need to do something to keep myself working even when I'm not going in to the office.

Another area in which I plan to improve is weight training. For a while there I was being good about pumping the iron (even if it was in my living room). Lately, I get to the Summit just in time for lap swimming. Swimming is great, but it can't be my entire fitness regiment. I know my body craves more diversity than that.

Maybe I should set some new goals for myself come October. I could double the number of push ups and pull ups I can do (that would mean doing two). I'd also like to be able to bench press my own weight (I'm making the feat less fantastic as I slim down).

No comments:

Post a Comment