Thursday, July 23, 2009

Spin Dry

Thoreau said that, "He is riches whose pleasures are cheapest." Well, consider me rich because I often get a pick kick out of the little things. This morning the object of my joy was a dry swimsuit.


The only downside to these morning swim workouts is that for the rest of the day I have either store a wet swimsuit (Mildew Welcome!) or hang it up to dry in my office. The first option is just gross. I usually choose the second option, though it gives my office that locker room chic.


Not today, though. This morning I had the great pleasure of checking out one of the Summit's new family changing rooms. They are very nice inside. They have restrooms, changing tables, a shower...and an automated swimsuit dryer. Say what? That's right, this magic little machine requires less than a minute to take my sopping suit and make it dry. No more worrying about my suit or my gym bag all day.

It may seem small, but it sure did make me smile. Plus, while I'm sure the rooms are busy during peak pool hours, they are completely free in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Baylor had those at the SLC...they were awesome. I only wished I could have one for the laundry room.

    ReplyDelete