Friday, May 29, 2009

Weekly Weighin

Before the wife, baby and I headed out of town for the weekend, I made my way to the Summit Family Fitness Center this morning for a brutal workout and a slightly less brutal weigh in.

So, where am I after almost a month of healthy(ier) living? Well, I weighed in this morning at a bulbous 214 pounds, one pound lighter than last Friday.

To be fair, I've been rounding down previous week's weights. While I reported a weight last week of 215, it was actually 215.4. This week's weight was 214 even, so really I lost about a pound and a half. If you factor in a bowel movement I had a few minutes after I weighed in, my weight loss is probably closer to two pounds. When you really get serious, taking into account the altitude and barometric pressure, I probably lost about 143 pounds...roughly. Did I mention that I've been weighing in on Jupiter. The gravity is much stronger there. In actuality, I'm actually disturbingly petite. You should probably be worried about me.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed to only see a one pound weight loss this week. I've been working hard, and I really feel like I've been seeing results. Perhaps it was a super noticeable pound.

1 comment:

  1. You're replacing fat with muscle, which weighs more. So in actuality you probably lost a few pounds of fat, however since you are building manly muscle tone during the process it only worked out to a l pound weight loss. It will be like that around this time in the weight loss process. You could have Tara take weekly body measurements with a tape measure to see if you're progressing... That's a lot of work though, you could also just tough it out for another week or two until you start seeing the pounds dropping again...

    ReplyDelete