Monday, May 11, 2009

Filler Up

It's been pointed out to me by persons far fitter than I that an important step in losing weight is drinking my water. I've been working to do that lately. I purchased a super-cool insulated water bottle. It holds 24 ounces at a time, and I'm refilling it 3 or 4 times a day. Here are my observations.

I don't know if the water itself is doing anything to make me look more like Hugh Jackman, but it does do a great job of filling my ample gut and making me feel less hungry all the time. Feeling less hungry means I'm snacking less. Snacking less, I'm hoping will translate into a svelter me.

Another added benefit of the added H2O intake has been a notable increase in bathroom breaks. I'm not being lazy here. I truly believe that taking more bathroom breaks has made me more productive. I come back to my computer feeling refreshed and more alert.

I haven't gotten all the way off the diet soda train, but, by drinking water more often, I've cut my rations by roughly a third. That too, I'm told, should help me cut the pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment