Friday, June 12, 2009

Weekly Weighin

This morning I let myself sleep in until 6 a.m. (it's the little joys that mean the most), and made my way over to the Summit. I'd decided last night that I just wanted to get another swim. Of course, I didn't get to the pool until about 6:45, which limited my time in the water a bit. When all was said and done, I ended swimming 1,600 yards in about 30 minutes.

I got out feeling good. Then I remembered I had to weigh in this week, and I started to feel not as good. In fairness, I've probably been a whole lot better with my diet this week. I haven't eaten any fast food whatsoever, and Tara and I have been picking some pretty healthy dinner recipes. Still, I really hadn't worked out except Wednesday and this morning's swim. I was scared of what the scale would reveal.

Imagine my elation when I looked down to see my new weight was 210 pounds. That's three pounds light than last week. Apparently swimming and watching what I eat actually pay off. Who knew?

I can't wait to see what happens when I actually swim three or four times a week. I'll be wearing Calista Flockhart's hand-me-downs in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment