Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dreading the scale

One of the strangest things about this process has been tracking my weight. In the past, when I've tried to drop the pounds, I'd check the scale multiple times a day. I always knew what I weighed at any given moment. As part of this blog, though, I have decided to only weigh in once a week and not allow myself to step onto a scale before hand. Tomorrow morning is that day, so today I dread.

This week I've been closely tracking my diet, and I've already swum more than 3 kilometers. My fear isn't that I won't lose weight. My fear is that not losing weight will take the air out of my balloon. Waking up early to workout is hard enough. I can't afford to lose my motivation.

Of course, the newly opened wing of the Summit has made things a little more interesting. Tomorrow morning, before my swim, I'm definitely going to try out one of the new Expresso Bikes. Somewhere between a video game, virtual reality and a workout, they look like a ton of fun. Now that's worth waking up early!

After the bike, I'll rinse off, throw on my suit and take to the lanes. I've got a relay to prepare for, and Lake Travis doesn't care what I weigh.

Once I'm done and dry, I'll step on the scale. I'm not looking forward to it. It's like eating asparagus at Thanksgiving; I don't enjoy it, but it's part of something fun...and it might make my pee smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment