Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Three Day Weakened

The past three days have been spent celebrating Labor Day. Is that why I felt the need to gorge myself until I felt like I was about to go into labor.

This weekend, we spent time with my wife and my parents and a group of their friends. We laughed. We played games. We passed around the baby. Oh, and we ate to the point obscenity. I took this photo of the desert table. Dontt adjust your scroll bar. You read that last bit correctly. They had a desert table, dedicated to itens that were rich with sugar, butter and evil...I spent a lot of time there.

What is it about spending time with loved ones that inspires us to do so much cooking and so much eating? Have you ever attended a really fun reunion in which people set out a table of fitness accessories or periodically engaged in group work outs? I haven't.

Something about the magic of an extended weekend seemed to lead me to mistakenly believe that calories didn't count and fitness was optional. This has me more than a little nervous about upcoming longer holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Now I'm left with four days to makeup for my bad behavior over the last three days.

1 comment:

  1. One of my cousins and I plan trips that involve half marathons. Great excuses for long weekends, you still get enjoy the city you travel to, since you're only doing the half not the full you aren't mega sore, and you don't feel like a blob at the end!

    ReplyDelete