Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sore Loser

So I'm afraid this might be the week. After more than three months of tracking my progress (and sometimes stagnation), I think tomorrow might be the first time I step on the scale and discover a weight gain.

My back has really been bugging me this week. Tuesday I got in a nice workout...and probably exacerbated the problem. I haven't even tried to get in another one this week. Instead, I've opted to rest with a ThermaCare wrapped around my achin' back. These little heat-girdles have been a real godsend. I think it's funny that the packaging gives you the option to wear them either under or over your clothes. I'm not especially proud of wearing a girdle, but I imagine it feels a whole lot less odd that traipsing around like the world's cheapest superhero.


I'm definitely planning to get in another swim tomorrow (I think it was the weight machines Tuesday morning that did the real hurtin'). Of course, Friday swim or no, I have worked out less this week than in any preceding week. The scale will probably reflect that.

To be honest, I half-way hope to see a gain. I don't want to send my lazy subconscious the message that working out isn't really that important. Moreover, if I'm going to gain weight, I'd like to at least know that there was a reason other than my own sloth. I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It can be so frustrating to get hurt when you're on a role working out. I can only suggest to let yourself heal and just do light exercise, or else you'll find yourself "out" that much longer. I have to say that you are doing really great and I get inspired everytime I read your blog...now I just need my drive back!

    ReplyDelete